So after one episode of the podcast we have learned a few things:
- We gotta keep the episodes to 30 minutes, most people don’t have much more time than that to listen to a podcast.
- My boyfriend (and co-host) is “unpleasantly loud”. We are working on that and discuss it a bit in episode 2.
- Intros are the hardest thing to do! We have to get better at making a plan on what we should say first!
- Finding listeners is hard! Just like building a blog audience is hard, so is building a podcast audience. Our first week we had 15 downloads (a low number I know but its a start) we are aiming to double that number to have 30 downloads in week 2 making a total of 40 downloads!
- ITunes reviews are almost impossible to get! We are told that ITunes reviews are needed to get your podcast seen! We have 0! That seems to be the toughest obstacle at the moment.
I am hoping as we learn how to tackle each obstacle we can keep log of it on this blog and help others who are building a podcast learn from our trial and error!
Episode 2 we discuss Saving Private Ryan! Come listen in and let us know what you think!
or on ITunes podcasts just search Cinematically Correct!