Well Fourth of July weekend has come to a close and I have to say it is a little bit disappointing. The boy and I had awesome fourth of July plans. We were going to go to a local hiking trail and pack a picnic for lunch. Then at night we were going to climb to the top of the observation tower to watch the fireworks.
Well…we went to the hiking trail for all of maybe an hour before Hurricane Arthur decided to rear his ugly head. We didn’t get to have our picnic and no fireworks for us. And that means that my anthropoloie inspired confetti poppers did not get used :(. How sad.
Now when I decided to make these little buggers there was no excitement on the home front. I found this on the Anthropoloie website and knew I could make them for so much cheaper. But, I believe the response I got was “you only want to make them so you can pop it in my face.” Funny how right he was.
Now that I have mine still loaded and ready to go I will be sure to surprise him with a face of confetti. Just to prove him right. Men love to be right.
So do you want to make one too? They are super easy!
Heres what you need:
Used Willy Wonka Push Pop
1) Eat the push pop! Good right? Okay now clean it out to make sure it’s no longer stick.
2) Wrap push pop with construction paper and draw designs on with marker. I did blue with red stripes.
3) Cut up tissue paper. Use the colors you want for whatever theme you are going for. I used red and blue for 4th of July.
4) Stuff tissue paper in push pop and smother with glitter. Really get that glitter in there. Glitter is the most frustrating thing to get off which makes this much more fun!
5) Find a victim and confetti pop them!
Hope you all had a Happy Fourth! What did everyone do this year?