Since June 17th is Eat Your Veggies Day, I decided it would be fun to do a post on some of the most awkward veggies to eat. As a kid I hated vegetables. When my parents would send me to the basement to pick the vegetable for dinner I would ALWAYS pick corn. EVERY TIME! But as I grew up I started to like a few different kinds of veggies but it doesn’t mean I can eat them with a straight face.
Here are the ones that come quickly to mind in order of most normal to weirdest!
5) Carrots- Every time I eat these I just want to say “Whats up Doc?” but then I realize that most of the kids in my life would have no idea what I am referring to a most of the adults would just think it was a sad and pathetic reference.
4) Spinach- I have always wanted to suck down a whole can of this stuff and watch my muscles pop up all over my arms. Sadly this has never worked yet for me and this makes eating this a sad time.
3) Tomatoes- Because every time the juice squirts me in the back of my throat I am reminded that I am not eating a gusher and the mild choking feeling will not be rewarded by sour goodness.
2) Brocoli- Any way you eat this you look like you are defiling a tree. In this “green” era you gotta be careful how you treat the arbor life.
1) Celery- Even if you coat this sucker with some lucious peanut butter, sticking a long tubular object down your throat never looks classy. Remember that ladies.
So now that you have had a great chuckle at the veggies expense celebrate this veggie day with a mound of the best stuff for your body! Bloggers, what is your favorite veggie?