Relationships are a funny thing. Honesty and communication are key but there is also something to be said for a little surprise here and there. You don’t want to lay all your cards on the table right from the start or there will be no mystery left to unfold. However, when the wedding day is near, there are a few things that the person you are marrying should be 100 percent positive about.
I decided to make a list of the things that should be 100 percent known about your husband before walking down that aisle:
5) Age: Sure they say age is only a number but if your significant other is hiding their age there can be way too many reasons. Maybe they aren’t actually of legal age (in which case run). Or maybe they are heading to the death-bed much sooner than you anticipated. Either way make certain you know your hunny’s birthday- birth year included!
4) Relationship past: Although I was one to always believe ignorance is bliss in this department, I have learned one thing, the past makes us who we are today. Make sure you know why the past relationships went wrong and even some of the reasons they went right for the time that they did. This knowledge will help you both avoid making the same mistakes and will help you hold on to the qualities your loved one finds important.
3) Family: Love them or hate them when you marrying your sweetheart you are marrying their family, GET TO KNOW THEM. Even if you learn that you hate them it is best to know exactly what you are getting into before committing a lifetime to them. Each day head start you have with them before the marriage should in theory make the marriage that much easier to handle.
2) Life Goals: Love cannot conquer all as romantic as that is to believe. Make sure your partner has the same wants and needs in life. Career goals, desire to be a parent, living plans all of that matters. Remember those are decisions you will make together once married, make sure you will be on the same page.
1) GENDER: This should be a given but please oh please don’t make that mistake. I think it is all too sweet to save the blessed even for marriage but there has GOT to be a way to avoid the embarrassing catastrophe that must’ve happened at some point to someone because they waited till that special day and got one BIG (long/ strong) surprise!
Although some of the above was said in fun- I do think this list is really important when thinking about marriage or really any serious relationship. Love just isn’t enough. Make sure that everything else fits too before taking that next step.