According to the Wall Street Journal, “More than a third of divorce filings last year contained the word Facebook, according to a survey by Divorce Online, a UK-based legal services firm. And over 80 percent of US divorce attorneys say they’ve seen a rise in the number of cases using social networking, according to the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.”
This statistic is from 2011 and although I searched I could not find the statistic for 2012. However, I am quite confident that this number has not dropped- in fact I am confident the number has increased. Although I could allow this post to be another rant about how privacy is lost in our lives, I have decided against this. Instead I have compiled a list of the top ten ways I believe Facebook could have made it into the Divorce Filings:
10) He tended to his Farm and Mafia on Facebook more than he tended to his own family.
9) When I saw he was a level 50 in Cafe World on Facebook I assumed he was an amazing Chef, I found out he was only a fraud he can’t even cook a poptart!
8) He always tells me he is too busy to answer my calls or read my text messages yet Facebook tells me he is online and available to chat- clearly there is a disconnect.
7) I found out he was cheating on me- he used scrabble word finder when he played Words With Friends with me on Facebook.
6) Every time he told me he was working late , he “checked in” on Facebook at the local bar.
5) He “liked” every picture she posted on Facebook but said “she’s just a friend, oh baby you, you got what I need…” I digress…
4) He spammed my wall on Facebook with political posts yet when asked who Joe Biden is he stared at me blankly.
3) He stopped “poking” me on Facebook, this must mean he found a new poke buddy.
2) He always has zero messages in his Facebook inbox, clearly he is deleting them because he has something to hide, alternatively he has no messages because he has no friends, either way not the man for me.
1) He de-friended me and then blocked me on Facebook, I feel it is safe to say it’s over.
I hope these made you laugh at least a little. If you have some snarky ways Facebook could have made it into a Divorce filing please share in the comments! 🙂