One thing I have been meaning to blog about is the many new recipes we have been trying out. We have found many good recipes that we intend to use multiple times and we have also come across a few duds. One recipe that we tried that really satisfied the sweet tooth was Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies. Essentially all you do to make this is take cookie batter and place it on top of and underneath the oreo. The result is absolutely amazing!!
Here is the recipe :
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 10 oz bag chocolate chips
- 1 package Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla until all ingredients are combined.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add dry ingredients, along with chocolate chips, into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, take one scoop of cookie dough and place it on top of the Oreo. Take another scoop of cookie dough and place it under the Oreo. Seal edges of dough together around the Oreo by pressing and cupping dough until Oreo is enclosed.
- Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 9-13 minutes (mine took closer to 15 minutes). Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
So have you seen and or tried this recipe before? If so what did you think? If not, what are you waiting for?!?!